Are bad moods and habits contagious?



We are all tribal. All of us are seeking company. Company to create something, to work together, to chill together.  For many years I truly could not understand where do I belong: I was attracted by subcultures, bad guys and started smoking when I was 14. Obviously, these choices affected all my life. Because your teenage behavior set the way you see the world, the way you act and react.

Bad company involved me into the world of addictive behavior that I fight with till now. Negative broken mindset of that people made such a huge influence to me that still on the back of my mind I have this noise of dissatisfaction and craziness.

Inside of myself I always knew that I wanted to play big in this world - and the way up means a lot, a lot of sacrifice. If you choose to achieve great goals, it means passing through challenges and mean behaviors towards yourself; it means to learn how to get still and keep this understanding no matter what happens.
 To become great, we need to learn to say 'no'. To become great, we need to improve our inner strength by facing loneliness and fears. Most of us give up in the beginning of the way because it's hard. But nothing great ever comes easy. Nothing.
It took me a while to understand what exactly in my teenage I loved about that 'free life' that I found in bad companies. Now I know: it is freedom to express inner self. Rebel self. But also now I know that there are much better ways to express my inner self. For example, by becoming better person and by encouraging others doing the same.


Now I truly believe that people are contagious. Take two glasses of liquid - one with coffee, another one with pure water. Mix them together and you will have light brown liquid. It's not espresso anymore, it is not pure water anymore. It is something in between. Same happens when you spend time with people. You mimic their actions and way of thinking and then after long time spending together you become similar. That is why every married couple after many years together starts looking literally like a twin couple in behavior and even in appearance.
So choose well. One day I realized I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in destruction of myself - so I went for a challenge for almost 3 years. I was spending a lot of time by myself, lonely, asking myself 'Who am I and what do I want?'. I found a lot of answers. And first I realized I needed to change that toxic environment that I was surrounded by. I am still doing it. Progressing. To be able one day become a person who will be the one to make good influence to the world. 






Comments

Popular Posts