Detox Sunday - greens instead of pizza

Today I am going to share with you one of my simplest and most effective detox recipes - green detox salad (version 1). But first of all I want to remind you guys about why detox is so important. (I think it even deserves entire article).

We wait for Sundays to chill and treat ourselves better - to do finally what we couldn't do during the work week. Food is not an exception: I guess many of you were waiting for weekend to go out, hang out with friends and spend time with family, and eat some pizza or cheesecake. 'Because I deserve it', you think.

I was thinking like that for many years as well. But one day I thought - what if we use weekend not for satisfying our cravings and damaging our body & health (because also weekends are associated with some wine and other alcohol), but for healing ourselves.

Food plays in it a key role. Food can be your poison, food can be your medicine. That is actually why I learn it for so many years - to understand how to heal myself and help others. Detox in our modern world also is very important: not only physical but mental also (here I wrote about digital detox). Life is way too fast now, we live in era of trash when we have everything but still not satisfied.
That is why now the greatest luxury is saying 'no', refusal of something that is not good for you.

I mix my detox days with intermittent fasting (usually 14-24 hours) and drink a lot of water. This way makes me feel much better both in my body and my mind. Here is my first detox recipe and still favorite (because it uses all-in-one ingredients that I adore) and it's tasty, and literally it takes 3 min to cook.

Green detox salad (version 1)



for 1 person
prep 3 min

1 green apple
1 cucumber
parsley
celery leaves
flaxseed
juice of 1 lime

Mix all together, add dressing - lime juice, and serve. Ready! Bon appétit!

Comments

Popular Posts