Gratitude as my best morning practice

Did you ever think about how your morning thoughts affect your day?



We build our life step by step, day by day. Our mood and attitude are the keys to happiness actually. Let me explain.

Once you wake up, you probably think "oh...another day with these colleagues I can't stand... oh again this traffic on the roads... again I have not enough money to buy something...etc".
The way to fight your bad mood is simple. Most of you probably heard about "positive thinking" - and this practice became quite trendy right now. But you will probably say 'It doesn't work for me'.

The thing is, just to know is not enough. Any best idea will not work for you. Unless you start acting.

I like to compare mental work with training in the gym - when you are the beginner in sports, you don't lift right away 200 pounds; you don't run the marathon without strong preparation... Same happens with your thoughts: if you used to think negative all the time, you can't change your worldview in one second.


But start with something small. Start to wake up and just replace every bad thought with gratitude. Try to find at least few good things you have or you are proud of or that make you smile. You will see - all day will pass differently. Try it! And let me know your results after few weeks. 

I bet after you get used to it, you will not come back to your old way of thinking. Because the smile is one of the greatest medicines.

Do you have some morning mental practices? Write in comments!

Photos by Tina Antonenko

Outfit: dress - vintage; shoes - André Souliers

Check my intro post here !




Comments

Popular Posts