Paradise as a state of mind

You probably know this famous expression:

Do more of what makes you happy.

It's so true. But sometimes it's so hard to understand what exactly makes you happy. 

It took for me a long time to discover.




I've spent almost two years in Asia studying myself. Yes, I was one of these girls that you used to be jealous of: I lived in paradise. I was drinking my coconuts by the beach - it was my daily routine. Sometimes I really had good times.

When I first came to Bali I thought: 'Is this even true..?'. Every single corner seemed so beautiful to me. I lived in this charming island for few months and I felt extremely happy. I was full of energy, I did many shoots as a model and photographer, I met a lot of amazing people. Of course, I connected my happiness to this place: dream island of Gods.

For some reasons I came back home to Kiev - in the beginning, I kept this huge vibe of creativity. It seemed to me, I should take care of it. But after some time I lost it completely - and again I connected my depression to grey autumn Kiev, to sad people around, to anything I could find next to me.

So I came back to Bali. Having totally different 'weather' inside.

I was shocked but I hated this island. I was comparing myself half a year ago and now. I was walking by these incredible places and I couldn't recognize anything; I tried to do things I did before to get the feeling again - but it didn't work out. Like that, I started to hate my paradise.

I took a conscious decision to start building my ideal place inside of me. Wherever I am. This is how started this blog. I know guys, many of you face similar things: searching what you love; try to understand what to do, where to be; try to understand how it works, what makes you happy. But I know for sure one thing: all your answers are already inside of you, you just need to start asking and open your heart.

With this story I've learned probably one of the greatest lessons of my life: everything comes from inside. Paradise is not a destination, but a state of mind.

Photo by Shelby Nugroho, Bali, 2017

Read more about my morning mental practice!

Did you have similar stories? Share in comments!


Comments

Popular Posts